We are currently accepting applications for lifeguards, snack bar workers and snack bar cooks for the 2020 season. Please see the job descriptions for each position below. If you are qualified and interested in applying for any of these jobs, please complete and submit the form below.
Snack Bar Overview
Sunnybrook is a small community pool with about 200+ members located in the woods off Devon Road in Moorestown, NJ. We are open on weekends (Friday – Sunday) starting Memorial Day, then open daily starting around June 20 from Noon until 8:45 pm (Mondays – Saturdays) and from 1 pm – 8:45 pm (Sundays) thru Labor Day weekend. The snack bar window will be open from Noon – 7:30 pm with the grill closing around 7 pm each night. Snack bar shifts are usually 4 hour increments with shifts starting 30 minutes prior to opening and go until an hour after the window closes for cleanup. During our Saturday home swim meets the day starts at 7:30 am, as the snack day will open at 8 am on those days. We may also close early on some days depending on weather and attendance.
Snack Bar Cook Job Description
As a snack bar line cook you are the engine in the snack bar. If you want the experience of running a small kitchen/food-truck like operation with a limited menu and are passionate about food preparation and customer service – Sunnybrook REALLY wants you! We will train you on how to prepare the food in a safe, efficient and productive way. While you will mostly be cooking, at times you may also be helping out on the counter while maintaining a shopping list and communicating any urgent supply needs to management. This is a great place to practice what you like to do and have fun doing it. Yes, there will be some crazy busy periods, but you will make friends, have fun and be an integral part of the Sunnybrook snack bar team. Come join us!
Snack Bar Cook Qualifications
- Valid NJ drivers license and car preferred, but not required
- Able to work standing up 8+ hrs a day and ability to lift 40 lbs
- Current or graduating high school or college student
- ServeSafe certification preferred, but not required
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment operation (deep fryer and flat-top) and food prep either through past experience or culinary school training is preferred. But if you don’t have it, don’t worry – we want someone that loves cooking and wants to learn – we’ll train you to use the equipment safely and properly.
Snack Bar Cook Responsibilities
- Sets standard of conduct for the kitchen
- Treats all employees with fairness and respect in a professional manner
- Adheres to the Sunnybrook food preparation standards and methods
- Enforces safe food handling procedures and shares knowledge with peers
- Performs opening and closing procedures to keep a sanitary kitchen
- Monitors refrigeration and storage for food safety compliance
- Maintains all kitchen equipment, reports any defects or issues immediately to the club manager
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment
Snack Bar Cashier Qualifications
- High School student, able to obtain working papers if needed
- Strong math and computer skills
- Strong people skills (outgoing, personable, friendly, good with kids and adults)
- Previous sales or kitchen experience a plus, but not required
- Able to work between 10-20 hours per week 11 am-8 pm
- Able to lift 10-20 lbs. and work standing up for more than 4 hours at a time
- Available to work during home swim meets Saturdays starting at 7:30 am (if not a swimmer)
Snack Bar Cashier Responsibilities
- Greet all members with a smile and positive attitude
- Fulfill membership food orders
- Deliver food as necessary to members during busy periods with long waits
- Record all member orders using the POS system and collect payment
- Ensure kitchen orders are correct prior to delivery
- Maintain neat, orderly and clean counter at all times
- Prepare non-cooked orders including but not limited to; smoothies, water ice, hot dogs, nachos and more.
- Assist cook during busy periods by prepping items to cook and finish assembly of cooked orders
- Ensure all transactions, sales or voids are properly recorded and all funds are accounted for immediately following transaction
- Maintain a respectful environment and tone at all times
- Make recommendations for new products or cooked items
- Follow all proper food handling policies established by the manager and the club
- Report all food handling concerns to the pool manager or a board member immediately
- Must assist with opening and/or closing each day – this includes a 30 minute set-up before opening and 1 hour clean-up of the front end and kitchen area as needed at end of day.
- Note: Cooks and Cashiers are required to work at least two of the following holidays – Memorial Day, July 4th, and / or Labor Day.