The following rules have been established to insure safe and sanitary operation of pool facilities. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe these rules. The Pool Management and lifeguards oversee the safe and sanitary operation of the pool and grounds and general conduct of members. Infractions of these rules may result in cancellation of membership or in suspension of pool privileges at the discretion of the Board of Governors.
- Any of the pools may be closed, at any time, by the pool management for maintenance operations, health conditions, weather conditions or lack of personnel.
- All members, including children, using the Swim Club facilities do so at their own risk. The management will not be responsible for any accidents in connection with such use.
- Members and/or guests will be responsible for the cost of any damages caused by their negligence and/or carelessness.
- Neither SBSC nor its employees are responsible for the loss of any personal property in or about the Swim Club.
- Sunnybrook Swim Club is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not permitted on Sunnybrook Swim Club property. This includes pool decks, bathrooms, grassy areas, and parking areas.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs are permitted on the premises at any time.
- Glass or glass containers are not allowed on the Swim Club property. This includes baby bottles, which must be plastic.
- Chairs and chaise lounges are provided free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Audible personal music is permitted only at volume levels that will not disturb others.
- Private swimming or diving lessons are permitted if taught by a part-time and/or full-time employee of Sunnybrook Swim Club. Participants must register with the manager prior to the lesson. Swimming Lanes / Diving Board must be shared with the General Membership.
- Rental of the premises to any non-members or organizations is prohibited.
- Pets are prohibited on club property.
- These rules may be revised and additional rules may be established at any time subject to the approval of the Board of Governors.
- Normal swimming hours are from noon until 8:45 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 1:00 p.m. until 8:45 p.m. on Sundays.
- The pool opens full-time on the first day after Moorestown Public Schools close for the summer recess.
- Each member is required to enter and exit the pool area via the gatehouse.
- Each active member is listed in the computer database at the gatehouse. Upon arriving at the swim club for the first time, members are required to stop at the gatehouse and have their photos taken for upload to our online membership system.
- Childcare providers (Nannies) must be 14 years or older. Nannies are required to have a sponsoring family, that is an active member of the club, purchase a nanny pass for their use.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will be denied admission to the Swim Club.
- No child under 12 years of age will be permitted to enter the Swim Club unless accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult.
- Guests will be admitted only when accompanied by a member of Sunnybrook Swim Club. Members and guests must register at the gatehouse. Members are responsible for their guests. When the member leaves the Club, the guest must also leave.
- Guest fees are paid at the gatehouse or are debited against pre-paid guest passes on a member’s account which were purchased through the club website.
- Daily guest passes can be purchased for $5.00 each gatehouse. Guest passes may also be purchased in blocks of 15 for $50 on-line or $60 at the gatehouse. Daily guest fees are waived for non-swimming Senior Citizens and children under 2 years old.
- Guest passes do not expire at the end of the season, but will roll over to your account for the following year, however they are not refundable.
- A guest privilege shall not be issued to the same individual, regardless of sponsor, more than four times per month.
- Members bringing more than 10 guests, must register with the management 48 hours in advance. The purpose is to allow management to assure that adequate staff is provided.
- To reserve a picnic table for a private gathering, please contact the pool manager. The cost is $25 per table.
- The fee for non-member guests is $5. This fee includes admission to the pool, band testing and issuance of a band. All bands must be returned at the end of the party.
- All guests are expected to follow all of the Club rules. The club Manager and/or lifeguard staff may revoke a guest pass at any time for violations of these rules.
Safety and Sanitation
- All injuries, however slight, must be reported to the pool management.
- No one is permitted in the upper or lower pool unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- No running, ball throwing, pushing, wrestling, dunking, rough playing, etc. are permitted in the pools or on the pool decks.
- Diving will be allowed only off of the diving board. Only one person will be allowed on the diving board or in the diving well at a time.
- Those who want to use the slide should form a line at the bottom of the slide steps. Only one person is to be on the slide stairs at a time.
- No general swimming in the diving well will be permitted at any time.
- No one is permitted to be on the lane lines at any time.
- Persons suffering from communicable illnesses, skin diseases, fungus infections, sore or inflamed eyes, excessive sunburn, open blisters, cuts, bandages, nasal or ear discharges, eye, ear, nose, or throat infections are prohibited from using the pool or locker room facilities. The pool management will bar from the pool and locker room facilities any person(s) who, in management’s opinion, exhibits evidence of any of the above.
- Expectorating and blowing of the nose in all pools is prohibited.
- Floating Devices are only permitted in the lower lap pool on designated raft nights. At no other time are floating devices permitted in the main pools, however, kick-boards are available for instruction or lap swimming in the lower lap pool. Small inflatable rubber or plastic toys will be permitted in the baby pool only. No hard or sharp items (such as metal buckets or shovels) will be permitted.
- Non-qualified swimmers, regardless of age, will not be permitted to use the diving board or slide and are not permitted in the lower lap pool if they cannot stand with their head above the water.
Each season, all children 12 years old and younger shall be swim tested. The purpose of the swim test is to assess the child’s swimming ability and stamina.
- There are three (3) levels of testing that are categorized by bands.
- Bands cost $1.00 each and includes the initial band testing.
- Bands are required to be worn at all times.
- The swim band policy is posted throughout the Club.
Children, 12 years old and younger that have not passed a Band Test are permitted to enter the General Swimming Area of the Upper Pool, not the Diving Board or Slide, as long as they:
- Are accompanied in the water by a Qualified Swimmer 13 years old or older; and
- Have made themselves known to the lifeguard on duty.
- Use of the Diving Board or Slide is not permitted if a Band Test is not passed.
Children 12 years old and younger that have passed the Low Band Test may use:
- Upper Pool
- Diving Board
- Use of the Lower Pool is not allowed.
Children 12 years old and younger that have passed the High Band Test may use:
- Upper Pool
- Diving Board
- Lower Pool
- A 15-minute Adult Swim period (for those 16 and older) will be called each hour at a quarter till the hour. The purpose of this is to give children under the age of 16 a 15-minute rest period each hour.
- During the Adult Swim periods, an adult may hold a child (age 2 and under) in their arms in the shallow end of the upper pool only.
- The last Adult Swim period for the day will be at 5:45 p.m. unless otherwise specified by the manager on duty.
- No children between the ages of 6 and 16 years of age are allowed in the baby pool during the 15-minute adult swim.
Baby Pool & Diaper Policy
- Use of the baby pool is restricted to children up to, and including the age of six (regardless of band status).
- No child is allowed inside the baby pool area without an accompanying adult. Children using the baby pool are the responsibility of their parents.
- There is no running allowed in the baby pool area.
- Any persons using the baby pool must wear a swim diaper and bathing suit.
- If a child is not potty-trained, even if wearing a swim diaper, they are not permitted in the lower pool.
Food and Beverages
- All food and drinks are prohibited from being taken into the pool or consumed on the edge of the pool.
- All trash and recyclables must be deposited in the appropriate container. All members and guests are expected to clean up after themselves.
- Food and drink residue may not be washed off in any of the pools.
No parking is permitted:
- Along the railroad easement right of way,
- On Devon Road from the intersection of Devon Road and Covington Terrace,
- Along the entire driveway leading into the facility
Additional Rules for 2021 Season Due to COVID-19
- All members age 2 and older will be required to wear a mask to enter the facility. You will not be required to wear it in the pool or while you are social-distancing.
- Anyone entering Sunnybrook will be required to have a signed Participant Agreement, Release & Assumption of Risk in place before entering the property.
- We will check all staff temperatures and screen for COVID. If staff temperature is 100.4 or above they will not be admitted to work at Sunnybrook. It is not our intent to take the temperature of every person entering the club.
- We will take an ambassador role to monitor the number of people entering/exiting the facility to allow for social distancing. We will restrict entry only as a last resort if we exceed capacity as set forth by the CDC and NJ State Guidelines.
- We will reduce the number of adult swims throughout the day if we are forced to restrict access.
- While we do not anticipate a capacity problem, we will post on our Facebook page if the pool is nearing capacity – so be sure to follow us!
- We will be disinfecting and sanitizing more frequently during the day. During these times the restrooms will be closed briefly with no entry allowed.
- Parents / Caregivers will be responsible for ensuring their children social distance during their time at the club, both in and out of the pool. The pool staff will only be taking an ambassador role in the monitoring and encouraging of social distancing.
- Members will need to regulate themselves and become comfortable with adhering to stringent guidelines and adjusting their routine. This is new for all of us and it will require patience and teamwork.
- Lifeguards on stands are responsible for swimmer safety only. Lifeguards will NOT be wearing face coverings while on life guard stands or while cleaning bathrooms.
- We will set up our tables and chairs 6 feet apart and limit tables to family members only. You are welcome to bring your own chairs. Sharing of furniture and equipment is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to lounge chairs, umbrellas, towels and other equipment except among immediate family members, caretakers, household members or romantic partners. All attendees are required to clean and disinfect after each use.
- We will place cleaning / sanitizing stations around the club for members to use.
- Restrooms will have limited occupancy to prevent overcrowding. Foot coverings are required in the restroom area. Showers will be closed in an effort to reduce our cleaning responsibilities and open the bathrooms more expeditiously. It would also be preferred for members to wear bathing suits to and from the club.
- The snack bar may not open initially until we better understand our attendance, and when it does open, there may be a limited menu.
- Swim & Dive Team practices will occur in a modified form, however, we do anticipate holding inter-club competitions, but this is subject to change.
- Members must respect 6 feet social distancing at all times including during entry and exit from the club. Marks will be painted as a reminder. Social distancing also must occur while in the water unless an individual needs assistance or is swimming with immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners. Lifeguards are not permitted to enforce social distancing requirements.
- Emergency evaluation procedures have been modified to ensure social distancing protocols and to allow for safe evacuation.
- Signs will be posted at the facility indicating social distancing rules, face covering guidance, hand washing guidance and to stay home if you are sick.
- Any staff or patron showing signs of COVID will be safely isolated until they can be transported from the pool.
- Payments will be cash-less when possible.
- You (and your family) agree to stay home if you have any signs of illness or COVID-19 symptoms. Symptoms include Fever or chills • Cough • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing • Fatigue • Muscle or body aches • Headache • New loss of taste or smell • Sore throat • Congestion or runny nose • Nausea or vomiting • Diarrhea
- Access will be restricted to the area behind the bathrooms and grill area due to uncompleted construction and lack of access to observe the space with the rules noted above.
- Per NJ DOH rules, a policy is in place to notify police in the event of non-compliance with any of these rules.
- Please contact the pool manager if you have any questions or concerns.
Questions, comments, or concerns should be made, in writing, signed and submitted, to the pool management or sent to The Board of Governors, Sunnybrook Swim Club, Inc., P.O. Box 91, Moorestown, NJ 08057 or via email to email@example.com.