The following rules have been established to assure safe and sanitary operation of pool facilities. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe these rules. The Pool Management and lifeguards oversee the safe and sanitary operation of the pool and grounds and general conduct of members. Infractions of these rules may result in cancellation of membership or in suspension of pool privileges at the discretion of the Board of Governors.
- Any of the pools may be closed, at any time, by the pool management for maintenance operations, health conditions, weather conditions or lack of personnel.
- All members, including children, using the Swim Club facilities do so at their own risk. The management will not be responsible for any accidents in connection with such use.
- Members and/or guests will be responsible for the cost of any damages caused by their negligence and/or carelessness.
- Neither SBSC nor its employees are responsible for the loss of any personal property in or about the Swim Club.
- Sunnybrook Swim Club is a non-smoking facility. No smoking is permitted on Sunnybrook Swim Club property. This includes pool decks, bathrooms, grassy areas, and parking areas.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs are permitted on the Premises at any time.
- Chairs and chaise lounges are provided free on a first-come, first-serve basis. Saving or holding chairs or lounges for others will not be permitted.
- Audible personal music is permitted only at volume levels that will not disturb others.
- Private swimming or diving lessons are permitted if taught by a part-time and/or full-time employee of Sunnybrook Swim Club. They must be completed before 2:00 p.m. or start after 5 p.m. Participants must register with the manager prior to the lesson. Swimming Lanes / Diving Board must be shared with the General Membership.
- Glass or glass containers are not allowed on the Swim Club property. This includes baby bottles, which must be plastic.
- Rental of the premises to any non-member groups or organization is prohibited.
- Pets are prohibited on club property.
- All notices must be signed, dated and approved by the pool management before being posted. Any postings that are not signed will be taken down and disregarded.
- These rules may be revised or additional rules established at any time by the Rules Committee, subject to the approval by the Board of Governors.
- Normal swimming hours are from 12:00 noon until 8:45 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 1:00 p.m. until 8:45 p.m. Sunday.
- The pool opens full-time on the first day after Moorestown Public Schools close for the summer recess.
- Each member is required to enter and exit the pool area via the gatehouse.
- Each active member is listed in the computer database at the gatehouse. Upon arriving at the swim club, members are required to stop at the gatehouse and have their photos taken for upload to our online membership system.
- Childcare providers (Nannies) must be 13 years or older and they are required to have a sponsoring family. The sponsoring family is required to be an active member of the club. The sponsoring family is responsible for the $60 annual nanny fee. Childcare providers (Nannies) 13 to 17 years old are not allowed to watch children under the age of 10 years old without a parent present at the pool
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will be denied admission to the Swim Club.
- No child under ten years of age will be permitted to enter the Swim Club unless accompanied by one of his parents or a responsible adult.
- After 6:00 p.m. an adult must accompany all children under the age of 13.
- Guests will be admitted only when accompanied by an adult member of Sunnybrook Swim Club. Both guests and their adult member must register at the gatehouse. Adult members are responsible for their guests. When the adult member leaves the Club, the guest must also leave.
- Guest Fees are paid at the Gate House or are debited against pre-paid guest passes purchased through membership sign-up.
- Daily Guest Fees are as follows: $5.00 every day and can be purchased at the gatehouse. Passes may also be purchased 15 for $60. Daily Guest Fees are waived for Non-Swimming Senior Citizens
- Guest passes expire at the end of each season and are non-refundable.
- A guest privilege shall not be issued to the same individual, regardless of sponsor, more than four times per month.
- Guest groups of 10 or more (for birthday parties, end of sport season parties, etc…), regardless of the number of sponsoring members, must register with the management 48 hours in advance. The purpose is to allow management to assure that adequate staff is provided.
- The fee for non-member guests is $5. This fee includes admission to the pool for the day, band testing and issuance of a band. All bands must be returned at the end of the party.
- All guests are expected to follow all of the Club rules. The club Manager and/or lifeguard staff may revoke a guest membership at any time for violations of these rules.
Safety and Sanitation
- All members and guests must be clean before entering the pools.
- All injuries, however slight, must be reported to the pool management.
- No one is permitted in any pool unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- No running, ball throwing, pushing, wrestling, dunking, rough playing, etc. are permitted in the pools or on the pool decks.
- Diving will be allowed only off of the diving board. Only one person will be allowed on the diving board or in the diving well at a time.
- Those who want to use the slide should form a line at the bottom of the slide steps. Only one person is to be on the slide stairs at a time.
- No general swimming in the diving well will be permitted at any time.
- No throwing of coins, stones or other “retrieval game” items are allowed to be thrown into any of the pools.
- No one is permitted to be on the lane lines at any time.
- Persons suffering from communicable illnesses, communicable skin diseases, fungus infections, sore or inflamed eyes, excessive sunburn, open blisters, cuts, bandages, nasal or ear discharges, eye, ear, nose, or throat infections are prohibited from using the pool or locker room facilities. The pool management will bar from the pool and locker room facilities any person(s) who, in management’s opinion, exhibit evidence of any of the above.
- Expectorating and blowing of the nose in all pools is prohibited.
- Floating Devices are only permitted in the lower lap pool on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm. At no other time are floating devices permitted in the main pools, however, kickboards are available for instruction or lap swimming in the lower lap pool. Small inflatable rubber or plastic toys will be permitted in the baby pool only. No hard or sharp items (such as metal buckets or shovels) will be permitted.
- Non-qualified swimmers, regardless of age, will not be permitted to use the diving board or slide and are not permitted in the lower lap pool if they cannot stand with their head above the water.
Each season, all children 12 years old and younger shall be swim tested. The purpose of the swim test is to assess the child’s swimming ability and stamina.
- There are three (3) levels of testing that are categorized by bands.
- Bands cost $1.00, including issuing the initial band.
- Bands are required to be worn at all times
- The swim band policy is posted throughout the Club.
Children, 12 years old and younger that have not passed a Band Test are permitted to enter the General Swimming Area of the Upper Pool, not the Diving Board or Slide, as long as they:
- Are accompanied in the water by a Qualified Swimmer 13 years old or older and
- Have made themselves known to the lifeguard on duty.
- Use of the Diving Board or Slide is not permitted if a Band Test is not passed.
Children 12 years old and younger that have passed the Low Band Test may use:
- Upper Pool
- Diving Board
- Use of the Lower Pool is not allowed.
Children 12 years old and younger that have passed the High Band Test may use:
- Upper Pool
- Diving Board
- Lower Pool
- A 15-minute Adult Swim period (for those 16 and older) will be called each hour at a quarter till the hour. The purpose of this is to give children under the age of 16 a 15-minute rest period each hour.
- During the Adult Swim periods, an adult may hold a child age 2 and under in their arms in the shallow end of the upper pool only.
- The last Adult Swim period for the day will be at 5:45 p.m.
- No children between the ages of 6 and 16 years of age are allowed in the baby pool during the 15-minute adult swim.
Baby Pool & Babies and Infants in Diapers
- Use of the baby pool is restricted to children up to, and including the age of six (regardless of band status).
- No child is allowed inside the baby pool area without an accompanying adult. Children using the baby pool are the responsibility of their parents even though a lifeguard is on duty.
- There is no running allowed in the baby pool area.
- Persons in diapers and who are untrained are not permitted in the Baby pool. Any persons using the baby Pool must wear a swim Diaper and bathing suit.
- All persons in diapers and/or who are untrained will not be permitted in the lower (lap) pool.
Food and Beverages
- All food and drinks are prohibited from being taken into the pool.
- All trash must be deposited in the trash receptacles and recyclables in their appropriate container. All members and guests are expected to clean up after themselves.
- Food and drink residue may not be washed off in any of the pools.
No parking is permitted:
- Along the railroad easement right of way,
- On Devon Road from the intersection of Devon Road and Covington Terrace,
- Along the entire driveway leading into the facility
Questions, comments, or concerns should be made, in writing, signed and submitted, to the pool management or sent to The Board of Governors, Sunnybrook Swim Club, Inc., P.O. Box 91, Moorestown, NJ 08057 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.